Trip to Colorado: Part 2


After the fun of Zip lining, our next trip was to the famous Pikes Peak Cog Railway, Manitou, Colorado Springs.All of them reached there and luckily,we are on time for the trip, as the train will leave shortly and we got tickets.

As,a habit of me wearing my Jacket all the time, i wore it in spite of my friends suggesting me to take it off.The train started and the best thing i can feel is, we are travelling inside a forest in a train!!
I couldn't see any animal though,the train started heading towards the mountains and we started to feel the chill breeze. As, my friends didn't brought their jackets with them,started shivering!!
As, we have no idea it was a snow mountain, we are climbing onto but lucky for me as i have my jacket.After reaching the end point which is of 3500 ft above the ground, there was a restaurant cafe for those who traveled from the train.
Our guide in the train suggested everyone there will be low of oxygen,so the train will start again in 20 mins back to the ground,so he advised us to have some refreshments and return to the train.
My head started spinning,may be due to the low oxygen level, in spite of my friends wearing less warm clothes, no one has got a dizzy feeling but all were feeling to have some hot coffee.
I went straight into the restaurant and sat there and asked my friend to get me a coffee.All my pics and my stay of 20 mins on that mountain has got my coffee in one hand!!
three of the girls in our group started feeling the same condition like mine and we all hurried up into the train and exactly the train started but in spite of me feeling nostalgic ,i have enjoyed the beautiful scenic views of that place.
I was thrilled of those scenic but health is important too,i couldn't get much to see. When our train reached the station by then we all are free of that nostalgic sensation and everyone of them talked about the beautiful scenic's.
As, the sun is setting,we thought to return to our hotel and started returning,in between our travel we found a Indian Restaurant,which made us really feel good,as after a hectic day all we needed is a good dinner.
We had good food and then started towards our hotel which was just 5 miles away. Food is food but being an Indian, as my body is habituated to Indian food,i felt relieved after having a good Indian food.
We all went to our rooms and just dropped ourselves into the beds but for me, i checked my phone for any messages from anyone from my home,but no one messaged or called me and i felt sad then my friends wished good night and i thought its best to sleep.
The next day morning,we planned for two trips, one trip was to go to a bridge which is famous and next was Rafting. Due to last day's trip we were,pretty much exhausted so, our day started late.We drove ourselves to the place where we wanted to see the bridge but on that day there was some maintenance going on and we have been advised to come in the evening, we then thought of going for rafting and we tried many rafting agencies but all were too pricy then we found one rafting agency which we can afford and the basic level has 5 swirls, where we need to manage our boat well otherwise we all can be tossed out.
Trust me or not, i never done rafting in my whole life and am very scared of water sports. I pleaded to my friends i cannot make it but they all insisted me to experience this trip and they made me sat on the boat!!
We started rowing by the guidance of our instructor, my heart also started pounding as it started.The first swirl came and don't know from where a leader was born in me, i started guiding my friends to row the boat in the directions as the instructor is instructing and i tried my best
to row the boat so that it wont hit any rocks, the first experience was like the water is rushing us into it and we are trying to make a way to the front and it was really scary and i got my heart out!!
After managing that swirl, i thought it was pretty much awesome but still am scared to the core. At the last swirl, our boat might have fallen but you know team work really works out there, in my command and instructions my friends supported and we got out of it safely and then i took a huge breath thinking,i should try the hardest one next time!!
The next day, we all have to part and so, we had a good dinner and we talked late night on that day and spent an awesome time together at the hotel's bonfire. At the airport, everyone's flight was early as they have to travel east and mine was west and i have some waiting time,my eyes got weary and am sad again.
One of my friend came to me and said, life is nothing but handling situations or tasks u face in a smart way like how you handled yesterday's rafting. Mistakes happen in life but it doesn't mean,you have to leave the idea of living,but we need to think how to improve your life to be more useful than this one.

They all left and i sat at the airport and switched on my phone,then the first call i receive is from my mom saying that she was worried.
I told her, your little girl is not so little anymore as she lost her fear and learnt a lesson to be brave enough.Those words made my mom feel so inspired and she told me that she is always proud of me.

Lastly, Life is full of troubles and sorrows but the best thing you can do is to learn being brave enough to face them than being a coward!!

Happy Mother's day everyone!!

Visit this website, if you people are trying to purchase some items for ur mom:

http://krishnamantiques.blogspot.in/


Thanks,
Ravs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Woman who has NO TAG!!

Immunity is really important!!

Green Tea, Whoa... I like it but Why?????